Dental Cleanings & Exams
Dental Cleanings Logan, UT
Dental Cleanings are something you should try your best to get every 6 months. They are also something you should prepare for! During your first visit to Boston Dental in Logan, a comprehensive dental exam will be performed by specialists – to get to know your teeth. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Boston and the dental hygienist will perform a thorough inspection of your mouth, which will include all of the following:
- Examination of x-rays (radiographs): X-rays show the position of your teeth and roots as well as detect any decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening: We check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with our special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: We will check current fillings, crowns, sealants, etc.
Effective Dental Cleanings Done by Dental Professionals
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are performed by a Registered Dental Hygienist at Boston Dental. Your cleaning appointment in Logan will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for an extended period of time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. As you may know, this calculus can form both above and below the gum line making it difficult to remove without our special dental instruments. Removing this tartar is an important step in making sure that plague and other bacteria don’t cross into the gum line.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on your teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that actually inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stains and plaque that are not fixed during brushing and scaling.
It would be our pleasure to talk to you more about what is included in our dental exams and cleanings in Logan, UT. We’d love to answer any questions or concerns you may have! We are here to help! Our mission is to help you feel comfortable during your visit and completely pleased with the results.
For the best dental cleaning in Logan, UT visit Boston Dental. Call us today! We’d love to talk with you. (435) 752-3343