Dental Cleanings & Exams
Dental Cleanings Logan, UT
Dental Cleanings are something you should get every 6 months and also something you should prepare for! During your first visit to Boston Dental, a comprehensive dental exam will be performed – to get to know your teeth. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Boston and the dental hygienist will perform a thorough inspection of your mouth, which will include the following:
- Examination of x-rays (radiographs): X-rays show the position of your teeth and roots as well as detect any decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening: We check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with our special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: We will check current fillings, crowns, sealants, etc.
Effective Cleanings Done by Professionals
Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are performed by a Registered Dental Hygienist. Your cleaning appointment will include a dental exam and the following:
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for an extended period of time and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. As you may know, this calculus can form both above and below the gum line making it difficult to remove without our special dental instruments. Removing this tartar is an important step in making sure that plague and other bacteria don’t cross into the gum line.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on your teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produce toxins (poisons) that actually inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease!
- Teeth polishing: Remove stain and plaque that is not otherwise removed during brushing and scaling.
We’d be happy to talk to you more about what is included in our dental exams and cleanings and answer any questions you may have! We’re here to help! Our mission is to help you feel comfortable during your visit and pleased with the results.
To receive the best dental cleaning in Logan UT, make sure to stop by Boston Dental. Contact us today! (435) 752-3343