Dental Cleanings & ExamsLearn More About Dental Cleanings & Exams From Boston Dental
Premier Dental Care In Logan, Utah
If you’re looking for a comfortable and reliable dental experience in Logan, look no further than Boston Dental. Dr. Boston and his knowledgable team of dental specialists have years of experience to provide you with the best dental care in all of Cache Valley. With high-quality approaches to dental care, we always make sure that your appointment is a comfortable one. Boston Dental is a dentist that listens and provides a careful explanation regarding oral health. We are one of the most trusted dentists in Logan, see what others have said about our dental care.
Dental cleanings and examinations are something you should try your best to get every 6 months. Professional dental cleanings (dental prophylaxis) are performed by a Registered Dental Hygienist at Boston Dental. For any questions, please contact us here or give us a call.
Dental Exams At Boston Dental
During your first visit to Boston Dental in Logan, we perform a comprehensive dental exam. At regular check-up exams, Dr. Boston and the dental hygienist will perform a thorough inspection of your mouth, which includes all of the following:
- Examination of x-rays (radiographs): X-rays show the position of your teeth and roots to detect any decay, tumors, cysts, and bone loss.
- Oral cancer screening: We check the face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Gum disease evaluation: We check the gums and bone around the teeth for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Examination of tooth decay: All tooth surfaces will be checked for decay with our special dental instruments.
- Examination of existing restorations: We will check current fillings, crowns, sealants, etc.
Dental Cleanings At Boston Dental
- Removal of calculus (tartar): Calculus is hardened plaque that has been left on the tooth for an extended period and is now firmly attached to the tooth surface. This calculus can form both above and below the gum line making it difficult to remove without our special dental instruments. Removing this tartar is an important step in making sure that plaque and other bacteria don’t cross into the gum line.
- Removal of plaque: Plaque is a sticky, almost invisible film that forms on your teeth. It is a growing colony of living bacteria, food debris, and saliva. The bacteria produces toxins (poisons) that inflame the gums. This inflammation is the start of periodontal disease.
- Teeth polishing: We remove stains and plaque that are not fixed during brushing and scaling.